Saturday, September 20, 2008

Day 2...

Day 2 in KL today. Had quite a fair sleep, but kept waking up to check my handphone to make sure it's still working and no body called. That's what i dun like being oncall...

Anyway, woke up to a misty morning, i think due to the lush greeneries here...


The buffet... trust me this is all the buffet on table... after all, only me eating there alone

Kuala Lipis is a small town with meeting point of 3 rivers (Sg Lipis, Sg Jelai and Sg Pahang, I think). It was also the first administartive capital of Pahang... so I read from brochure

Basically these are all there is, few rows of shop houses...

I stay just opposite from the hospital, also near the KFC I mentioned earlier.

There is a train station here, servicing the east coast..., so theoretically we can take train from KL Sentral to Gemas and change to here...


Padang Tungku, Kerambit? Where's that?


Old school train station... No train arriving when I was there.

Came to the town to... to deposit my money for RM20million.... ;)


This is just a pavement walkway...


At least parking is cheaper here than from KL or Melaka...

This uncle was staring at me, and that guy had to scratch himself that moment...

I dun know, all photogs like to take this kind of picture

This is the oldest building that I can find, I think is a mosque...

There is a river flowing behind the town, Sg Jelai...

The same river, with a bridge connecting KL to outside world. The metal structure on left is a big ruler for the water level.

I passed by London... Hotel London I mean...

And saw a kok... Tong Kok I mean...


Some photos of buildings... The Chinese Club... I think I'm eligible to join...

Quite a few of ethnic association, the kwangtung, hainan and hakka clubs...
Thers is a temple, but it is locked. Did not enter

On my way to another hotel on top of a hill. Passing by the Lipis Plaza, this is direct opposite view from my balcony.

Drove up a small hill to a place called Rumah Residen.

It's a old colonial house used to be the resident of Sir Hugh Clifford... some guy I bearly remember from Form 3 sejarah.

Nah, read the history yourself.


Evening sunsetting. Was trying to get a brighter building with darker sky, but unsuccessful.


And as usual, had my dinner beside KFC again. The food here no cheap wei, cost me rm5-10 like this. Maybe the si-tao-pou knows I'm an outsider.

Tried posting this with my gprs connection, but had a lot of connection problems. So guys, Maxis data plan kennot pakai even in Kuala Lipis.

Luckily the hotel had free wifi in the lobby...

3 comments:

savante said...

Looks like a lovely place for a weekend trip! :)

sbanboy said...

Wah ... the makanan there so expensive ah ????

suatengboy said...

hey guys thanks for stopping by.

paul: Weekend trip? Nothing you cant find in Melaka... Why want to come here?

furongboy: i supposed they cherged me more... but what to do? KFC and this shop would cost the same